07 July 2009

yahoo weave along, part two

Yay!! I finished my "weave along" project. The project is for a pattern called Log Cabin, but my final piece is called "Not Log Cabin". Go figure. I just liked this straight-up weave and so I opted to not follow the project exactly. The draft and ideas came from the Schacht article. I followed it almost all the way. Particulars follow...


I used Lydia's Crochet Thread, Size 3, mercerized cotton. I used two colors: Bridal White and Cooper Mist. The finished size is 13" wide by 40" long. Warp is doubled, but threaded according to the draft mentioned above. The weft is single and consists of just the white color.

What did I learn? I need to work at finishing my ends a bit nicer. Dressing the loom with two colors is tricky unless they have been warped together. I had some tension problems and figured out a way to put my pick up stick in the threads of the back beam to even it out (not sure I said that correctly!).
All in all, I had a great time with this project.

1 comment:

Peggy's Place said...

That turned out very pretty. I love the colors. Not Log Cabin can be fun too.