10 June 2009

2.0 fatigue

Wow, its been a good while since I posted. I've been caught in the undertow of social networking, er... and lack thereof. Last weekend we had so much wind that my phone at home (yep, I still use a modem!) got knocked out. It took the phone company 4 days to make the repair. It was nice to have the entire weekend offline. Back at work, things are quiet. One of my students called it the calm before the storm; I think he may be right.

I joined ravelry so I could follow the rigid heddle loom group. Of course, as soon as I joined up, a totally different group called "weavolution" as announced. Ha! This social networking is n e v e r ending... especially for an introvert like moi.

On the weaving front, I am starting the Weave Along project from my yahoo rigid heddle group. That's all I can say though, since it will (hopefully!) be a wedding gift for a certain son of mine. August 1st is the big day. Not too much time to plan or wait!

No comments: