21 February 2009

knitting by candlelight

Anything by candlelight sounds romantic, eh?
Tonight, I rediscovered just how hard it is on the eyes.

We had a blackout for about 3.5 hours. It happened just before the sun went down, so I had time to get all my candles unearthed and lit. I feel lucky since I wasn't in the middle of anything important (just laundry and getting ready to cook). It did get a little cool without the heater going, but I stayed warm with Sweetie cat on my lap. Silly me though... I thought I might have enough light to knit by... ha!, let's just say
not. I did get my itty-bitty book light out and read for a bit, but that made my eyes tired.

On the upside, it was nice to hear nothing. No fridge, no washer or dryer, no hot water heater, no furnace. The void these left was refreshing. When the current was restored it was like a snag in the fabric of my cocoon. Ah, but a nice
light snag!

No comments: