11 January 2009

Back to the future...

Happy New Year - I guess we can say that all year long, eh? It is nice to be moving forward, aging and living life with a view to the future (versus a dread of poor leadership). I am truly looking forward to January 20th and the craziness that change always brings.

So, I went to California by way of Albuquerque this past holiday. What FUN! New Mexico was lovely once I got there. I had Christmas dinner with Matthew. We had yummy spanakopita and Italian fish and potatoes. The following day (12/26), I flew off to John Wayne airport in sunny Orange County to spend a few days with my big sister Donna and brother-in-law Al. It was glorious weather the entire time. Considering the three hours of whiteout, blizzard driving I had been doing 24hrs earlier, it was doubly magical. In California, we (actually Al) did somewhere around 300 miles of freeway driving during my visit. Luckily, he is really good and it and can make it from zero to 80 in about 3 seconds! Zoom!

We did a million things while I was there. (I'll invite you to my snapfish album if you really want to see the pics). I've posted two pics here. One of me and two of my sisters and the other photo is of some beads I picked up -- some from the great bead sale and some from Donna's stockpile! I'm thinking that Donna has gone over the edge with her bead collection, and I am hopeful that she will make her fortune selling jewelry one of these days. :-D


Mary Pat, Rita Clair and Donna Marie at Rita and Larry's. December 29, 2008.


Beads that I pilfered from Donna and others I bought at the famous day-after-Christmas half-off-sale!





No comments: